Friday, August 21, 2009

how to develop a program at my library

I'll admit it 23 things was great but time consuming. I have read some of the comments from staff and I'll be honest you get from a thing what you put into it. The summer is a relatively slow period of time. I for one am tired of people whining about everything they are asked to do. If I were to take this 23 things idea I'd do the following.

Before the end of the present year my library would have a wrap up of all 23 things and maybe divide them into categories: publicity, document creation,etc... Have staff vote on their top 5 and then the following year during the summer have staff working individually or with a partner on something that could be shown to fellow workers at the end of the summer. Perhaps, even the products could be rolled out to library board.

I know this took long but we can't stay in our hermetically sealed offices or we will be outsourced even more than we are and will have only ourselves to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment